Cough syrup Dr. Mom is a complex expectorant and anti-inflammatory drug.
It is composed of active plant substances that have a soothing, anti-inflammatory, expectorant, sekretomotornymi, secretolytic, bronchodilator, mucolytic and expectorant actions, based on the complete normalization of the violation of the ratios between the components of viscous sputum, which contributes to its easier coughing.
On this page you will find all the information about Doctor MoM: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Dr. MoM syrup. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Pharmacy sales terms
Sold without a prescription.
How much is Dr. Mom? The average price in pharmacies is 200 rubles.
Release form and composition
Dr.Mom is released from cough in the form of lozenges, solution, ointment and syrup.
- Dr. Sym contains syrups of licorice roots, long turmeric, medicinal ginger, calendula elecampane, leaf seeds, roots of sacred basilica, leaves, flowers, bark, vasiki roots, adatods, seeds, fruits, roots of Indian nightshade, fruits of cubeba pepper, beleriki Termini, leaves, pulp, aloe barbados juice, menthol.
- Dr. Mohm’s lozenges contain menthol, real ginger extracts, drug emblica, licorice.
- Doctor Mom’s ointment contains camphor, menthol, thymol, turpentine, eucalyptus, nutmeg oils.
Cough syrup Doctor IOM is made on the basis of natural ingredients without the use of narcotic substances and alcohol. Features of the action due to the properties of the ingredients that make up the drug:
- the adatod of vasik differs in spasmolytic, mucolytic and expectorant effects;
- licorice provides a sedative, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, expectorant effect;
- medicinal ginger provides a strong anti-inflammatory effect;
- Indian nightshade is used as an antipyretic and expectorant;
- cubeb pepper provides expectorant and anti-inflammatory effect;
- holy basil has antiseptic, antipyretic, diaphoretic and expectorant effect;
- Barbados aloe has a decongestant and expectorant effect;
- Nyquin Kisttsvetny has antiseptic, antispasmodic, expectorant properties;
- termelia belerika provides antiedematous and expectorant action;
- turmeric is characterized by anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties;
- levomentol acts as an analgesic, antispasmodic and antiseptic.
The mechanism of action of the drug Dr. Mom consists in its pronounced expectorant, secretomotor and secretolytic action. Also this natural herbal preparation has a stimulating effect on the cells of the glands of the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract, increasing the secretion of mucous secretion in the bronchi and alveoli, and stimulates the ciliary activity of the epithelium of the respiratory system of the body.
The basis of the mechanism of action of this herbal remedy is mild activation of hydrolyzing enzymes of the cells of the bronchial glands and alveoli, and as a result, the viscosity of sputum decreases and this leads to a decrease in cough. Complex interaction of all components of the herbal preparation and stimulation of the body’s defenses.
Indications for use
Cough syrup is prescribed for the symptomatic treatment of respiratory diseases (acute and chronic), which are accompanied by dry cough or cough with difficult to discharge sputum.
Indications for use of the drug are:
- Acute tracheitis.
- Acute and chronic bronchitis.
- Acute tracheobronchitis.
- Acute pharyngitis.
- Acute laryngitis.
- Chronic laryngotracheitis, chronic nasopharyngitis.
- Pneumonia (as a component of complex therapy).
- Respiratory tract infections complicated by bronchitis, laryngitis or tracheitis.
- Bronchial asthma, accompanied by cough with difficulty in expectoration of sputum.
- Mechanical irritation of the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract.
Despite the high efficiency of the syrup, it does not suit everyone. So, it should not be given to children under 3 years old, as well as during lactation and pregnancy. In addition, before taking it is necessary to exclude the individual intolerance by the body of the substances that make up the drug.
Dr. Mom cough lozenges are prohibited in the following cases:
- negative reactions to one of the components of the drug;
- age up to 18 years.
The ointment is not used in case of hypersensitivity to its components, whooping cough, susceptibility to convulsions, violation of the integrity of the skin at sites of use, false croup. In addition, Dr. MoM ointment is prohibited for children under 3 years of age.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The experience of using this drug in the treatment of pregnant and lactating patients is not available, during pregnancy and breastfeeding it is not recommended to prescribe it.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that the dosage of the syrup Dr. Mom doctor recommends taking into account the age of the patient.
- Adults and children over 14 years old: 1-2 teaspoons (5-10 ml) 3 times a day.
- Children aged 3 to 5 years and 1/2 teaspoon (
The course of treatment is 2-3 weeks. Increasing the duration and conducting repeated courses of treatment is possible on the recommendation of a doctor.
The composition of the drug includes only herbal ingredients, so it is a fairly mild remedy that does not have any systemic effects on the body. In some cases, Dr. Mohm from cough can cause side effects in the form of allergic reactions of varying severity.
In the instructions for use, the cases of drug overdose are not described, however, in order to prevent the development and occurrence of adverse reactions, it is not recommended to take the syrup for more than 7 days.
It is worth considering that with longer use of medicines based on licorice root or similar plant extracts may occur:
- high blood pressure;
- heart pain;
- hypokalemic myopathy.
- The drug contains sugar, it is necessary to take into account patients with diabetes, as well as persons on a low-calorie diet.
- One dose for adults (5-10 ml) contains
If the drug has become unusable or has expired – do not throw it in the wastewater or on the street. You must put the drug in the bag and put it in the trash. These measures will help protect the environment.
Not recommended simultaneous reception with antitussive drugs in connection with the possibility of violation of the discharge of diluted sputum.
We picked up some people reviews about Dr. Mom:
- Olya I generally do not like syrups, it is very sweet, as a rule. But menthol syrups are different from others – they soothe the sore throat well, which with a cold is of great importance. Therefore, the doctor was always drinking water, and recently she learned about Djoset – he is also menthol, but it contains several more components, therefore it acts very quickly in the very first hours.
- Anna I use Doctor Mom ointment always at the first manifestations of a cold, a very good effect is noticeable after the first use. I also use syrup and lozenges of this company. These drugs are tested for generations. I use the ointment for the night, rub the chest, nose wings, neck, and the next morning you feel much better.
- Kostya. This syrup for children became our savior in due time. Nothing else helped. My daughter in kindergarten got ARVI. Of course, we were not only treated with a doctor, but he made a significant contribution. The liquid itself is a bright green shade, it tastes pleasant, herbal composition is felt. It smells of menthol, although it is written that the aroma is pineapple. In the pharmacy, I was told that the remedy was allowed for children from 3 years old, our time was just a little more. Cons did not notice.
Dr. Mom is a preparation containing a unique complex of plant extracts, therefore this tool has no structural analogues. But if necessary or in connection with intolerance to the components of phytomedications, the doctor can always pick up another drug with similar expectorant and antitussive action.
Similar in action are these drugs:
- Liquorice root;
- Plantain syrup Dr. Tice;
- Herbionum plantain syrup;
- Dry cough mixture;
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The bottle should be stored away from children at room temperature in its original packaging, not allowing direct sunlight on the medicine.
An opened bottle of syrup should be stored in the refrigerator for no more than 6 months and then thrown away, even if the drug has not expired.